Wednesday, April 10, 2013

NA-44: Breaking Bajaur's boundaries, Badam Zari vows to strive for women emancipation~ KHAR: Had I received education, my life would be very different ...

Unlike many public figures, she has lived the problems of her area, the problems she seeks to change. 

I regret my past; so providing education to the children of Bajaur is on top of my priorities, said Badam Zari, the first woman from the tribal belt to contest elections.
 

Daring woman enters Pakistani contest, By Ashfaq Yusufzai

BAJAUR AGENCY, Pakistan - "My sole motive is to serve my people, especially women who have had no role in politics so far. I feel we can make progress only by bringing in women into mainstream politics."


http://www.atimes.com/atimes/South_Asia/SOU-01-100413.html 

No comments:

Post a Comment